Let’s get right to it: I tried out a new product (full disclosure – sent to me for free by Zensah in return for an honest review) and I love it! What is it, you ask? The new argyle compression socks. I’ll let the video do the talking and then share a little more about this neat product, which I forsee being in my running life a lot in the near future…
Here are few reasons why compression is worth looking into if you’re a runner (or cyclist, triathlete, or athlete in general!):
What they do: provide increased circulation and decreased recovery time by utilizing advanced graduated compression in each pair of argyle compression socks – meaning the greatest amount of compression in the ankle and less in the calf area.
What they cover: the full calf area.
Some of their features:
– More oxygenated blood flow and less recovery time (always a bonus!)
– Socks are kept dry because of moisture wicking material
– Silver ions for thermal regulation
– Padded toe and heel for shock absorption (I could really feel this!)
– Arch support (made my feet feel so comfortable)
“The argyle compression socks are able to be worn prior to exercise to help runners warm up and prevent injury. Athletes are able to wear the compression socks during running and other exercises to help increase endurance through improved muscle oxygenation. Wear Zensah Argyle Compression Socks post-exercise provide runners, triathletes, cyclists, and athletes with a valuable recovery tool, helping to rebuild muscles faster.”
- Felt great, both physically as far as comfort and snug-ness (not too tight) and also as far as keeping me warm goes. Perfect for an early morning run and I’ll definitely be using this more as summer gives way to fall!
- I hadn’t run in about a week (and had only done 3-4 miles at a time) but they made me feel supported and fresh – no pain anywhere and later I’m still feeling great.
- The style – can’t go wrong with a fun color (mine are the black/royal blue/baby blue style) that makes you feel quick and speedy!
- Because they’re socks, you have to wear full running shoes with them (rather than toe shoes like my beloved Vibram five fingers). This wasn’t a huge issue as the Nike’s I ran in are still relatively minimalistic in their nature, but it’s something I thought about.
- More seasonal as a mid-day run would be hot in them! They were great for the early morning air I ran in but I could see these having a mainly fall/winter use.
I kind of wished I could keep wearing them all day and wanted to train in them too! Under my pants they wouldn’t have been bad, but they clash with my dress code and shorter capris. 😉 So – have you ever tried Zensah compression gear before? What about compression socks in particular? I’d love to hear your thoughts on them!
I’ll catch you later, friends – you might find me hitting the trails with my new socks if I’m not around. 😉 Live well & be well,