Yep. That’s it. Just three things! …shall we get started?
1.) I ran 12 km on 12/12/12 yesterday.
I heard around twitter the idea of running 12 miles or km on this once-in-a-thousand-years date and I loved that concept! I had the morning and could have gone out for a 12 mile run, but I came home to an empty fridge and opted to have a sleep in/grocery run/clean the kitchen kind of morning. So later, before my first client, I hopped on a treadmill at the gym and started moving. 1 hr 12 min later I had my 12 km (7.5 miles) finished and felt GREAT!
Part of why I liked my run was because I was rested after the weekend off not exercising in California and because I got to try out my new shoes:
2.) I’m loving my new Gel-Lyte33 from Asics that my mom got for me! They’re bright, beautiful & super light weight. I’m loving all different kinds of minimal, light weight shoes but haven’t run in Asics in years. So far, so good!
(6.4 oz of neon glory!)
I run in all kinds of shoes and really like my Vibram Five Fingers, Nike Free 4.0s and now these Asics – I’m not necessarily loyal to one brand but like anything as long as it’s more minimal and light! …the fun colors are definitely just a bonus. 😉
3.) Thought I’d share some links I’ve been loving lately! I’ve been enjoying catching up on some blogs recently and wanted to let you in on some good recipes and tasty treats to quick workouts and solid reads over this holiday season!
- Definitely want to try this chocolate PB no bake candy bar recipe from Lindsay! While you’re busy enjoying those tasty looking bars, click around on her site – I draw a lot of inspiration from this strong woman!
- Still stuck on the idea that you have to run for hours to combat your eating (especially this time of year) or stay on the elliptical for 45 minutes in order to keep your weight down? How about sculpting your body and changing your structure? How about building muscle and seeing change? …and what about doing all that in half the time? Well, if you’re still convinced you need to log hours in the gym, check out this testimonial over on Jill Fit’s website to see a changed body (with a beautiful before and after all the same)!
- In the same vein, here’s a “Boredom Buster” treadmill workout from Jess! She’s got so many great HIIT cardio workouts and I hope to give this one a shot soon.
- Tis the season…to give! There are many giveaways going on around the blog world this month – check out Janetha‘s site for her “twelve giveaways of christmas” series and Kristin‘s blog for her favorite things giveaways too!
- Lastly, check out my mom’s recent post in which she explains her tagline, “Age Well ~ Be Strong.” She (and my dad!) are both incredible examples of this.
Your turn: three things. ANY three things. Ready? Set? GO!
Live well & be well!