There is so much I am looking forward to in life these days! Let’s start with the small things:
- Weather above zero degrees. I could not believe the forecast when I took a look at it recently:
ALRIGHT! Now that’s something to get excited about! That means no rushing from house-car-clients’ homes-car-grocery store-car-home and more runs outside! With temperatures hoovering between +2 and +5 C, life gets a little bit brighter (pardon the pun). 😉
- Dying my hair. Recently I tweeted:
Yes, it’s a bit crazy, because it basically looks in finished form like it did when it was processing! But the beautiful thing about having a hair style like mine is the crazier the better – dreads leave room for all kinds of hair “mistakes!” But I’m loving it – kind of funky and something different after the lack of sunshine this winter was browning out my whole head. 😉
- Running. You can see in my above tweet that I was actually wanting a treadmill of my own to pound out the winter miles on to keep my cardio up (and mainly because I love to run!). Well, with the onslaught on good sun came the chance to get out and run yesterday. My goal was 6 – 10 miles, just getting out and moving depending on how my body felt. I hit the 3 mile marker and thought, “I’m feeling great, rolling along, let’s make this 8!” and fought the urge to push to the 5 mile turn around spot, knowing I might regret going 10 miles after not running for about 1.5 weeks. It was a good thing too, because as I turned around I was hit with an icy, bitter wind. Brrrr! Even though it was *only* about -3 C out, I had forgotten to factor in any possible wind and FROZE the whole way back. It was definitely worth it – I felt so accomplished and smiled lots! – but I need to remember that wind the next time I’m layering up!
- Hawaii! That’s right, folks, in just 9 days, Mikey and I are off to Hawaii to celebrate the marriage of some incredible friends, Craig & Mandi (congrats, guys!). It comes at a great time (and how awesome is it that they’re getting married in a tropical location and not in the (also beautiful) local snow?!). 😉 We’ll be gone just 1 week, but what a gift it is to go – not just to escape winter for a bit but to commit to love and support this couple as they enter into marriage. SO excited for them!
Since I want to be blonder, get a tan, and run, here’s a little workout that should help get me ready for the beach and raise my heart rate (in place of the run). You can jump on board and give it a shot too!
Beach-Ready Body-Rockin’ Workout: 3-5 Rounds, depending on fitness ability
- Jumping Jacks – 30 sec, no rest
- Prisoner Squats – 20 reps, no rest
(Squat with hands hands clasped behind head, squeezing elbows back)
- Close-hands push up – 20 reps, no rest
- Walking Lunges – 12 reps, no rest, alternating legs
- Mountain Climbers – 30 sec, no rest
- Inverted Hamstring – 8 reps, no rest
- T-Push up – 8 reps, no rest
- Sprint in place – 30 sec
- Repeat 3 – 5 times and then complete The FINISHER!
The Finisher: To complete this workout, finish with 30 burpees without push ups. Don’t worry about time, just perform the move as quick as you can, taking breaks as needed, 30 times and then you’re done! Cool down & stretch!
So there you have it – a good workout that will not only help get you ready for the beach but that you can do ON the beach, no props required! Let me know your thoughts if you give it a shot!
Until then, live well and be well!