Back again to share some Friday Favorites with you all… I love reading other bloggers’ favorite things so I thought I’d share a few fun items today! Why don’t we get right to it?
- Focusing on the Big Rocks – I’ve blogged about this concept before as I’ve read it from others over the years, and I just can’t help but love the idea of focusing on the BIG ROCKS in our lives rather than the small pebbles. What I mean is this: the “big rocks” in your life are the foundational elements of your health and wellness: your spirituality, your movement, your nutrition, the community in your life, your sleep and stress. The little rocks are the secondary aspects of your wellness, like nutrient timing of your food or whether or not something is paleo, and the specifics of your workouts. I sometimes get caught up in these things like everyone else, but MAN I just love the idea of focusing on those things that will help you simply live better, like prioritizing sleep and trying to eat mainly real food. Don’t get too bogged down in the details. Move often, try to make most of your meals more rather than less nutrient-dense, keep people as a priority in your life, and live for something more than your body. Balance, baby!
- “Beauty & The Beast” – This movie was so good! I saw it with my friend Christy last night and cried at least three times… They did such a great job of bringing a Disney classic to life and it was hard not sing along with the classic songs! Ahh…childhood memories.(source)
- Jen Comas’ tough love article for when you’re lacking motivation – You just gotta read it. “Unless your lack of motivation changed your goals or desired outcome, it doesn’t matter if you are motivated or not. You take care of business.” True enough!
- Along with number one, I love this article about some SIMPLE strategies to eat better! This sums up my own personal food philosophies pretty well.
- Kettlebell Swings! One of my favorite exercises, and I just love incorporating this movement with clients both new and old. It can be a tough one to teach, but once people get it, BAM! It’s such an effective exercise and I’ve been loving them lately. Here’s a great resource on the kettlebell swing from Jen Sinkler.
- PB&J – I like it just as much as these NBA players.
- Can you tell I’m on a kick here? 😉
(Love this, Lindsay!)
So tell me – what are YOU loving lately? Leave some links below! Have an awesome weekend and I’ll see you guys around the socials this weekend and on the blog next week!
Live well be well,