Happy Monday, everyone! Another week and yes, another March Challenge Update! But before we get to those goals, first a few tid bits of interest for you:
- Two Foods: A friend found this and thought I would love this website…really interesting! Would you use this comparison site?
- Yoga + Runners: Are you a Runner? Do you ever try Yoga? Check this neat post out about one blogger’s experiences training for a marathon and doing yoga as compared to training for a half and doing less yoga.
- Disaster in Japan: It’s unfathomable to think of the what the people in Japan are going through…I cannot even imagine the reality of what they are dealing with now. If you feel compelled to help, know that you can do so through prayer and by giving through many support centers, including Samaritan’s Purse.
With all the pain and confusion going around the world, I’m reminded of the need to come out of my own life and look around me at the suffering and brokenness right around me. This weekend we had the privilege of raising money for other young adult survivors who are struggling through illness, isolation, uncertainty, fear, and transition. I was honored to help and watch my husband as he organized an event for Young Adult Cancer Canada – the Shave for the Brave – here in Calgary. It was such a great event, with about $10,000 raised, some celebrity guests, and a mullet pageant! Such a blast.
What a great event. Thanks to all our survivor buddies who came out to not only shave their heads but also help with the stage set up and who stayed late to clean up hair! We also had a lot of friends from church show up to be crowd support and to help with the set up and take down; what a blessing to have such supportive and interactive friends in our lives! Thanks guys; it was a fun time and a great end to the week!
Straight from this event, which left us tired and drained but in the best way possible, we headed back home to change and prepare for a Retro Curling Bonspiel (tournament) with friends out in Black Diamond. It was a blast! Unfortunately, all we have for photos is this beauty we snapped in the car:
In other weekend news, the weather is warming up! It’s welcome timing and we are grateful for the increased amount of sun and warm air with the chinooks that have been blowing in. One way I take advantage of it is to run! So on Friday I went for a beautiful 6.7 mile run in my Vibram Five Finger shows – it was awesome!
Definitely looking forward to this weather shift – it’s a welcome one with people here in Calgary! The time change? Well I will admit I’m feeling quite tired this morning, but I’m not sure if that’s just because I actually had my 6:30 am clients today or because of the time change! Maybe a bit of both. Either way, I love dinners in the sun and more hours to run!
March Goals Check-In:
- Water Drinking: Doing well! I’ve been drinking quite a bit of water and tea throughout my days, and getting about 2.5 L in for my daily total. My goal was 3 L a day but I’ve learned a bit about flushing out my nutrients and want to make sure I don’t do that! So I’m happy at about 2.5 : and have slightly adjusted my goal to keep that up. 9/10
- 3 Consistent Workouts a Week: Still going great! I got a few boot camp-type workouts in this week, a 9 miler, a 6.7 miler, and some jump rope workouts in – feeling good, keeping it up! I’ll post some sample workouts later this week of what I’ve been doing. Maintenance is simply my goal with some busy days going on, and man – I just feel so much better when I sweat! A bit of movement every day, even if it’s only for 15 concentrated minutes, completely changes the course of my day. 10/10
- Quell the Mindless Munching: Again, this is about the same as last week – I’m being more thoughtful, but still eating too much (perhaps?)…I’m keeping a food journal and trying to limit my amount of evening eating. Does keeping up with a food journal typically help you guys? Does anyone have any helpful hints to eating well and not overeating? I’d love to hear them. 🙂 All in all, I’d say I’ve been doing a bit better than last week: I’d say a 7/10
In other news, we have only ONE MORE WEEK before we hit the road for our film tour! Crazy, exciting, and a bit overwhelming. Lots going on – just a M, W, and F left for training and then I’m taking a bit of a break while on the road. Let’s see if I can just make it through the week energy-wise; I’m getting more tired as the day goes on, probably due to my 4:30 5:30 am wake up for work today. Whew! Looking forward to my next break in between clients already! But grateful for work, great clients who are changing their lives, and for the relationships that have been formed while away…I’m sure going to miss aspects of this job!
Here’s to a great week ahead! How are you March/Fitblogger Goals coming? Any fun weekend highlights to share? Leave me a note! I’d love to hear from ya. Let’s make it a good Monday! Live well & be well,