Happy Wednesday, friends! Just popping in mid-afternoon before some evening clients to say hi! Some random and exciting tidbits to share with you all today:
- I’m feeling better! I woke up before my alarm, took time to read and have a good breakfast, and was ready for my first client feeling almost back to normal. Take that, sickness! So weird to get a flu like that out of nowhere…but I’m glad it’s over and hoping it’s truly done! Sure makes you grateful for health.
- After emptying the contents of my stomach yesterday (sorry – too much?), I decided to really make an effort to refill it with the best nutrients I can give myself. It’s a great mini challenge especially right around the holidays. Truth is, I really love ice cream but I could take or leave cookies, cake, and the like. So when I really think about it, I shouldn’t get full on those empty calories that I like but could really do without – unless it’s ice cream or a glass of wine – because those are things I’ll happily splurge on. To help me on my quest today I ate (carefully; wasn’t sure how my body would handle it):
- Rolled oats with plan Greek yogurt, some cinnamon and chia seeds, 1/2 banana and a dab of almond butter. Simple, filling, full of good stuff, and tasty.
- Lunch was a salmon spinach salad with 1/2 avocado, some tomato and red pepper, some sweet potato and drizzled with lemon. Fast, nutritious, delicious!
- My afternoon snack consisted of some more carbs: a teeny bowl of Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with almond milk. Hit.the.spot!
There’s my baby bowl! Perfect for snacks and ice cream!
- Need some workout inspiration? There’s a GREAT series going on right now over at BodyRock – The 12 Workouts of Christmas. You’ll get a chance to check out the new trainer, Lisa-Marie (who’s from the UK and has great energy!) and the great new moves. They’re quick, effective workouts and you can definitely squeeze these into your busy December schedules…no excuses, guys!
Caught up on BodyRock workouts today but took.it.easy! – didn’t want to overdo it. Felt great to move again and the workouts are stellar!
- Last Sunday we went to the Christmas production at our church, “Two From Galilee.” It was excellent! The best part is it’s just “regular” people, no professional dancers or actors, but it sure feels like it is.
The set (seats from the way back – and we got them 3 weeks in advance over 4 nights of shows!).
All four nights were packed and it was a fun musical, especially because we went with friends – Roger, Heather, and Shawna!
Shawna and I before the start of the play; with Mikey afterward.
So great to have their company and enjoy the delicious desserts afterward! I didn’t snap a photo, but mainly because my piece of Skor cake was gone before I could get my camera ready! Wait a second…didn’t I just say I could take or leave cake? …well, this time, I took it.
- Lastly, tomorrow is mine and Mikey’s 4th wedding anniversary! Wahoo! We are headed up to Edmonton because he has two days of meetings and presentations at hospitals there that I will help him with (Gopher Bon!) and then we’ll take off from there to ski! We have some pretty fun annual anniversary trips and we’ve celebrated the same way every time: with an outdoor overnight ski trip! Here’s last #3’s celebration last year!
And that’s about it from Calgary today! Feeling better, great workout resources for you, some food and videos. I wanted to give a shout out to my good friend Karine, who went out and ran 5.2 km the other day – just like that! Congrats, friend – you.are.a.runner and I’m so proud of you!
Got any tidbits to add yourself? Let me hear about ‘em! Have a great rest of your night and catch you guys later. Keep living well and be-ing well into this season, living with intention and thankfulness as you keep striving for health in every area of your lives!
On a walk to the post office today, “blinded by the