Hey guys! Happy Friday to you! Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that it’s the end of the work week and the weekend is just around the corner? Yes – let’s appreciate that photo above (and maybe wish that we were in that water this weekend)!
In the hopes of keeping things short and sweet on a Friday, here’s my top five Friday things from the week!
1. I love grocery shopping when I’m unrushed and have no agenda. Anyone else? I know Janetha is in this camp. It’s just so fun for me to explore the aisles, to hunt for healthy or new-to-me items and to browse without a problem. I look at the nut butters for ages, scour the tea section, love the produce options and always, ALWAYS go down the candy aisle. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’ve actually bought something from that aisle, but I love looking down it – and we don’t even have Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods here, where the REAL goodies wait!
2. Fast Friday Workout. Looking for something to do in your gym today? Try this quick killer workout and be on with your weekend!
Google any of the exercises for a demo; this is a great workout if you’re already familiar with kettlebell movements and CorssFit-style workouts. You can sub the rowing for a 200 m sprint outside or on a treadmill and the double-unders for 200 single jumps. I’m still loving but working on my double-unders by doing a DU and then one single hop and alternating between the two until I reach 100 reps of the DU’s. It’s a work in progress!
3. Time Well Spent. There have moments this week that I’ve wasted and moments this week that I’ve been productive and used to the fullest. But the best use of my time? It always seems to be when I’m reading my Bible, even though my effort isn’t always 100% and my focus often wanders. Thank God for his grace to meet me in those moments and to forgive my lack of discipline…I am a work in progress even more than those DU’s.
4. Have you heard about “Valleys” yet? It’s the webseries we (Survive & Thrive Expeditions) are releasing on YouTube for free with Hands On Films via the Huffington Post. Please help us spread the word and watch the episodes as they are released every Wednesday through mid-May! Here’s the trailer:
…and the link to the first webisode which came out this week here. Mikey and the team have worked SO hard to get these episodes out and we want everyone to know about them! If you know anyone, supporter or (cancer) survivor, young adult or older in age, that might benefit, please share the link with them too.
5. Extra Goods. I’m pumped to get my dreads worked on by a former client this weekend! She has great dreads and offered to do my hair after a lot of my extra, “fuzzy” hair has come loose again. I might also get a pedicure this weekend too. It’s about to crazy-indulgent over here in Calgary! 😉 Although they aren’t huge things, they are definitely luxury and I am grateful for the chance to enjoy those moments in life.
Got a “Friday Five” to share? Lay it on me! And then go have a great rest of your Friday. 😀 Live well & be well, friends!