Happy Birthday, Mom!
To a woman who embodies healthy living and aging well, may you let loose a bit on your day and feel celebrated! Eat a bite of cake and order a decadent meal and don’t do any squats or lunges today! 😉 Although I guess if you’re anything like me (and we all know I’m a ton like you!), your birthday wouldn’t be complete without a morning run or a hard workout sometime during the day. So instead of celebrating good food, may you celebrate what your body can accomplish and focus on the things you love about yourself.
Some reasons I love you:
- You always put our family first. I so appreciate the Saturdays spent at our favorite ocean spots going for hikes and spending time together, and I look forward to starting my own family with Mikey and taking some of the values that you instilled in us and bringing them into our own family.
- You’re beautiful! …I just want you to know that.
- You taught me to value a healthy body and to enjoy movement! Be it lifting weights (or sandbags!) or running through the Marin Headlands, I appreciate how you walk the walk and talk the talk and enjoy life to the fullest by staying fit!
- I’m proud of who you are and love how you connect with others. I love introducing you to my friends and love being associated with you, mom! I get so many comments on how “cool” you are (and “hot” but we won’t go into those haha) and love how you can communicate well with others and fit into different situations.
- You are a faithful, loyal friend. Whether it be to dad through the ups and downs of life or to other people in your life, you are a very faithful person who sticks with others. Thank you for teaching me that.
- You introduced me to the TRX…and then schooled me on it! 😉 You’re constantly encouraging my personal training business and encouraging me to grow with new tools. I love sharing workout tips and ideas with you!
- You’re always up for some adventure!
- You gave me a love for being a Californian and for the Northern CA coastline. Now that might seem like a weird thing to be thankful for, but I love it when I meet people in Calgary and tell them I’m from San Francisco and they say, “Oh, you look like you’re from the West Coast.” As much as I want to be full blast in my life here in Canada, you exposed me to the parts of California that I love and am proud of, and one thing I love coming back to visit is that coastline and the bridge.
- The older you get, the more you seem to exemplify Christ in how you live and who you are, and you inspire me to be a more godly wife.
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She pens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31: 10 – 30.
So…HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! May you experience freshness of life and understanding of who God has made you to be and you can best serve Him in this next year. May you continue to have energy to wake up early to train clients and run bootcamps and have the stamina to last through the days to keep living hard. And may your relationship with dad continue to flourish as you age beautifully and with grace, moving more in sync and glorifying God with your relationship! Have a great day and know that you are being celebrated up here!