It’s a cold but beautiful afternoon and I’m sitting on our comfortable green couch after a morning of training drinking peppermint green tea. I did it – I’m making the switch from a cup of coffee only in the mornings to green tea in the afternoon…and feeling great! One switch at a time, friends. ;)Well, after a truly fun, productive, memorable, and enjoyable 2 weeks away, Mikey and I are back in Calgary and glad to be home. While at times we seemed to intentionally drive slower to avoid the eventual end of our road trip, now that we’re settled we’re glad to be back and getting ready to jump into routine once again. As soon as we parked the car, we realized we had to get into gear fast, so we started making things happen:
- We started a train with Mikey pulling our goods out of the car in the -15 C (with -30 C windchill!) weather and me taking the gear upstairs. [What a welcome – back home to a blizzard! Winter is alive and well in Calgary, but at least we are armed and ready with our down jackets.]
- Mikey started working on our video (see below!) to wrap up our trip – a new tradition for us and a fun way to capture the highlights from adventures away.
- I unloaded the ski gear, the traveling clothes, got a load of laundry going, and even organized our closet (why? I don’t know…but the mood struck so I went with it!). Sigh. Clean house + unpacking after after a trip = happy Bonnie.
- We also jumped right into movement and did a quick, 20 min. high intensity workout. Nothing like some movement after 6 hours of driving to make you feel better instantly. It was fun to do it as a team too! Here’s what we did together and what you’ll need so you can do it too:
Equipment: Kettlebell (KB) or heavier dumbbell (DB); a pair of dumbbells (between 8 and 20 lbs depending on your ability); an exercise mat; an exercise ball or TRX
Warm Up (jumping jacks, squats, stair climbs, high knees…move, get that heart rate up, and get ready to workout!)
Workout: set timer for 20 minutes and complete 12 reps of each exercise
- KB Swing
- Push up and Row
- TRX Pikes or Ball Jackknifes
(OR: substitute exercise ball instead of TRX and roll out with feet on ball)
Whew! It’s a good one! 😉 Enjoy getting back into the swing of things and make something happen! On that note, here’s the video that Mikey made happen…it’s a little long, the sound is off a bit here and there, but it captures our trip really well. We’re grateful to all those who helped make this trip happen and who continue to make our lives happen, ando God who keeps orchestrating events in our lives to glorify his name. Enjoy! Live well and be well, friends.