Yesterday’s post continued to remind me of living out “i am second” and left me feeling inspired to live with the right priorities in mind. I really do feel inspired this year and am thankful for the feeling of a fresh start in every sense of the words!
It was a good day, full of fairly clean eats, a good morning workout, and catching up on some blog reading. In my reading and eat and moving I found some inspiration that I hope motivates you too!
- You Can’t Fool Me! – This is an awesome post from Tina that really covers all the excuses in the book and, basically, why they’re not valid. Give yourself grace in life but be prepared if you read this post – it’s a tough love perspective and will motivate you to MOVE! …remember, it’s ALWAYS worth it.
- Get Leaner, Stronger, Happier! – I liked this short article from Oxygen Magazine because it gives some simple, easy-to-incorporate tips as you become the best you can be this year! I thought the point about carrying a grocery basket instead of cart was great – my basket gets so full and heavy that I only have room (and strength) to fill it with healthy options!
- Mighty Green Chia Microwave Muffin –Remember my post all about chia seeds? Well this is a great post that includes some recipes to incorporate chia seeds into along with some fun tutorial videos starring some cute toddlers…I’m having this for breakfast, Kristin!
- More Than Peas, Please – A healthy, fresh looking creation from Lindsay! …while you’re checking out her post, be sure to wish her and her triathlete husband, James, a Happy 4th Anniversary!
- White Chocolate Cranberry-Kissed Cake – my.oh.my. Mama Pea has outdone herself again! This was the fairly clean eating I referenced above, because I filled up on this and it kind of became my dinner…whoops. I made some tweaks to the recipe as I didn’t have everything on hand, using plain Greek yogurt instead of applesauce in the cake and the same instead of cream cheese for the frosting and it turned out great! Slightly tangy, a little “healthy” tasting with my modifications, and extremely easy and delish!
- 2011 Link Love Orgy Thing – Funny title, great post! Lindsay compiled an expansive and thorough list of posts from every topic from bloggers over the year! Check out the fitness sections for lots of good workout ideas.
- Good Feeling Workout – This is one short, intense workout! 12 minutes – think you can last?! It’s the first real workout in a 30 Day Challenge series on BodyRock. I didn’t think it’d be so bad and tacked it on to the end of my day last night and was breathing SO HARD! I used it as a “finisher” to my workout this morning today and couldn’t believe how instantly hot and sweaty I got! It’s a keeper. There are so many challenges out there right now – browse around, check them out, and feel free to link it up in the comments!
Got a link to share? Please do so in the comments!
Are you feeling inspired today? Tell me why!
Maybe you’re still getting back into the groove fitness- and health-wise?
Feel free to share where you’re at – this is a community and we’re here to keep encouraging one another! Keep that bigger picture in mind and tackle your day ahead, even with seemingly small or insignificant steps – they all add up to create real change.
Live well & be well friends,
Happiness is: stretching pots-workout this morning, blogs on couch and a well-used kettlebell at my feet.