Hey guys! Just popping in with a short post for the end of the week to say hello and once again, happy Friday! Because we’re all ready to get to the weekend, how about a fun post about some of my favorite things? I always like to read about what products or events people are enjoying lately, so I thought it might be neat to give you another glimpse of myself too. Ready? Let’s dive right in…
1. I love coffee. Maybe more specifically, I love the process of grinding the beans, waiting for the coffee to peculate, smelling the aroma as it meanders throughout the house and then pouring coffee into my favorite mug. This one, to be exact:
There’s something so wonderful about a slow, unrushed morning (obviously we don’t have kids yet or terribly exciting lives on the weekends! ha!). There’s also something great about getting up early to create that quiet morning even when the day is about to get going at full speed. I do cherish those morning moments of quiet and coffee, although I don’t sit still nearly long enough often enough.
2. The mountains. As much as I miss the ocean (the smell in the air and crash of the waves!), I do love the mountains. Being close to the Rockies is pretty incredible, and this weekend I’m spending it all in Lake Louise helping facilitate a retreat with Young Adult Cancer Canada. A retreat with amazing people who have incredible stories in the mountains? Awesome.
(on the drive out earlier Thursday)
3. “Valleys” webisode 3: “This Guilty Feeling.” The latest installment of “Valleys” is out – and it’s definitely a Friday Favorite for me, especially as I find myself at this retreat with other supporters and survivors who often feel guilty for so many (different) reasons… Please watch and share the video with others!
4. Slippers. Ahh, the little things in life (am I right?). I just love me a comfortable pair of slippers and find myself living in them all year round. It helps that our apartment building is 100 years old with radiator heating that chooses when to come on and off…slippers help in those instances. 😉
…you know it’s a party when the slippers go on in the Lang house! 😉
5. Marathon Training. Okay, okay, so I haven’t gotten into the thick of things yet, and I started on week 10 instead of 1, but I’m loving following a structured plan! I think because it forces me to get up and make a run happen, or schedule it into my day. Maybe that racing bug really did get me at the last half-marathon:
Being in the mountains gets me excited for the Banff Marathon – it’s actually not that far away!
And that concludes this week’s Friday Favorites! Tell me – you got a favorite to share? I’d love to hear it! And then I’m going to unplug and spend some time in the mountains with new and old friends, listening to stories, sharing experiences and running 17 early solo miles on Saturday morning before the day’s events begin. 😉
Live well & be well!