Popping in on a gray but warm Tuesday in Calgary to share some articles with you and to give you a weekend recap – check out the end of the post for some pretty fun news and pictures! 🙂 But first…here are some links that I’ve been collecting from the web – hope you find them interesting, useful and helpful!
Why “Eat Less, Exercise More” isn’t the answer to fat loss… Controversial? Maybe to some, but I just say AMEN to this!
Speaking of eating… How much protein do you really need? PROTEIN 101 by Betty Rocker – a super informative post!
Been stuck on the “clean eating train” and don’t feel like you know how to eat/train/live regularly? Here’s a very interesting post about why some people need to “recover” from the perfect diet.
An interesting take on fat loss – here’s why fat loss is often harder for us shorter folk! Love the author, Jordan Syatt.
I like just about everything from Steph at Stupid, Easy, Paleo, but this article addressed to “body shamers” is pretty powerful. Would love to hear your thoughts on this! Why you should mind your own body, here.
A lot of good reads!
And here’s a quick recap of our weekend, bullet-point form:
- Sat in the sun! Our weather has been on and off (as you’ll see below), but Friday and Saturday were GORG!
- We also ate outside for a few breakfasts…Loving our BiPro Protein powder smoothie bowls as a great way to add in veggies + protein – almost a daily occurrence now that the weather is getting nicer.
- We had our neighbor boys over for dinner + a movie in a blanket fort and had a blast with these cute brothers! Mikey was a pro at helping them and making this a fun night with our projector!
- Went out to dinner on a gift card (thanks, client) at Rouge in Inglewood. OH MAN – it was delish! From the food to the service to the atmosphere, this was an awesome night out!
- …and it was a great way to celebrate our baby + the house we just bought! Yep – we bought a house last month, about 3 blocks away, bungalow-style, with a room for a guest + the baby! It’s 105 years old and we absolutely love it. We move the last weekend of May – I can’t wait to show it to you guys!
(hit the button to the right on the Instagram post to see more pics!)
(back of the cute little 600-something square foot house!)
- Inglewood River Clean Up! The weather changed on us but it was fun to help out our community, see friends from the gym, meet new people, and know that this is the community we’ll be investing in for the foreseeable future. 🙂
- And packing. No pictures, but now you know how we’re spending our free time, especially because we’re gone the next two weekends! I LOVE unpacking and putting things in place but hate packing…I end up sitting on the ground, reminiscing and being VERY unproductive. Luckily Mikey is incredible and packed up our entire basement on Sunday! He’s pretty amazing.
So tell me – got a link to leave? Any community events or great meals in your life lately? And what’s your view on moving – would you rather pack or unpack?
Have a great start to your week, you guys. Live well & be well!